Employer: Axholme Brewing Company Ltd (trading as Docks Beers)
Full time. 1 Year Fixed Contract. Renewed Annually on a rolling basis*
Hours: 45 hours per week
Company Pension Scheme available
Salary: £27,000 to £33,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus bonus
Vehicle: Company vehicle available
Holiday: 8 bank and public holidays, plus 20 days annual leave pro-rata in relation to your start date and hours of employment.
*Please note, there will be an initial three month probation period
It’s not grim in Grimsby. Docks Beers are living proof of that. We’ve not only established ourselves as Lincolnshire’s leading craft brewery (and highest rated on Untappd), we’ve also been identified as the poster boys and girls of Grimsby’s regeneration. We have built the area’s premier taproom and live music venue (Docks Academy), and we have a market leading street food brand on site (Mockingbird Street Food). We have laid strong foundations for future growth in terms of our customer base and brand. We have a reasonably well developed customer base for our beer close to home and we have a limited national presence via a small group of wholesalers together with a listing in Lincolnshire Co-op convenience stores. Both areas are ripe for development.
Reporting to the Directors, we’re looking for someone to help us develop and execute Docks Beers trade sales strategy. You will build and manage relationships with our existing customer accounts, develop our wholesaler and national accounts and potentially forge export partnerships and new business opportunities across all channels. This is a pivotal role at an exciting time for the business and you will work closely alongside the Directors with operational and commercial input across the business. All the while ensuring all of our trade customers are given outstanding customer service.
• Head up trade sales
• Collaborate with marketing team to define and deliver effective sales support
• Set and deliver KPIs and monthly reporting
• Create direct relationships with key national accounts such as wholesalers, supermarkets and pub groups
• Meet or exceed sales revenue targets while delivering required gross profit
• Work with the brewing team to deliver accurate monthly and annual forecasts to help plan buying of key ingredients and demand planning
• Collaborate with other members of the senior team and relevant departments on product development and other initiatives to help grow the brand
• Face to face meetings with new and existing local customers
• Telesales where required
• Sales reporting
• Liaise with dray team to ensure prompt delivery of beer
• Investigate and implement getting Docks Beers on more digital sales platforms e.g Sellar, Amazon
• Implement weekly Trade eshots on mailchimp, POS campaigns and other promotional assets
• Run trade promotions to drive sales
• CRM Updating e.g. adding and maintaining customer records
You may be asked to undertake alternative or additional duties as may be commensurate with your skills, experience and capabilities.
• A proven track record in sales delivery, ideally within the craft beer or within a major retail sector
• Ability and appetite to deliver sales growth
• Ideally experience of working at leadership team level
• Preferably experience of managing accounts up to wholesaler, supermarkets and pub groups level
• Passion for craft beer
• Strong customer focus
• Proactive approach
• Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, spoken, written and verbal
• Highly organised and effective time management
• Computer literacy including at least a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
• An understanding of GP, management accounts/P&Ls, stock, etc
• Hold clean UK driving license
Docks Beers is dedicated to making great accessible craft beer and providing a vibrant, positive place to work. Our team enjoys a work culture that promotes trust, inclusivity, team-work and a continuous drive to improve and support each other.
Benefits: Bonus structure based on hitting revenue targets, pension, family and friends discounts on takeaway and taproom products together with opportunities for continuous professional development.
Location: Based at least two days a week at our Grimsby site, with travel as required. Please note, this role is likely to require some travel in and around Lincolnshire and neighboring counties well, as well as occasional journeys around the UK representing the brewery at events such as beer festivals and brewing collaborations, tap takeovers and “meet the brewer” events.
Hours: Full time 45 hours per week Monday to Friday (including 30 mins per day for lunch) . Some evening and weekend work for festivals and events will be required. There is flexibility in the role to work remotely so long as two days a week in Grimsby is covered.
Closing Date: 21st October 2022
Please email your CV along with a covering letter telling us, in approximately 300 words, why you think you would be the perfect person for Docks Beers and this role.